Saturday 6 February 2016

Jeg elsker dig.

I have quilts planned in my mind like planes circling the runway waiting for permission to land. Lots and lots of them. As soon as one is complete (lands safely) I select another one! But every so often I get an idea that leap frogs over all those waiting projects. Jumps the queue of quilts. So it was with my Jeg Elsker Dig quilt.

I was drawn to a beautiful  heart fabric and just had to buy some. And of course I needed a coordinating fabric to go with it didn't I? Of course I did. This one is white with pale grey lines.

I want to make a quilt for my husband. I say this 100% sure that he has no interest in quilts but that's not going to stop me. As the fabric has red hearts and is quite romantic I wanted to design a block which is slightly less feminine. This geometric shape is a good compromise I think. It looks rectangular in this photo but is actually a twelve and a half by twelve and a half square block.


I'm going to applique a heart in the light fabric in the space at top right. The idea is to sew the blocks in sets of four, maybe two going in one direction and two going in the other. I'll play with that once I have more sewn up.

Oh! and jeg elsker dig is Danish for I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment