Sunday 31 January 2016

Valentine Quilted Coasters

A lovely quick project that has me in a romantic mood. I used spare charm squares and a stencil set with curvy hearts.


I glued the red heart to the cream square with a permanent spray glue however I don't think I'll use that for this type of project again. The glue is quite rigid when dry. It's good to experiment though. Next time I'll either use a less permanent glue or just pin the heart.


I then machine sewed the heart to the fabric square which has a smaller square (4.5 by 4.5 inches) of wadding pinned to the back. My very first attempt at machine applique and I really liked it. I usually hand applique and while I think that will always be my favourite I did enjoy seeing the machine stitches and I'm almost happy with the result. Next time I'll stay nearer the edge of the heart.


I finished it in the usual way I make coasters and used the red thread to do the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment