Monday 25 May 2015

Christmas Lattice Quilt: Part 1

For a while now I have been toying with the idea of making a Christmas quilt. My idea was to make something to put on our bed in December, or even just have downstairs on the settee. Yesterday I was watching some of the fantastic tutorials by Jenny Doan from the Missouri Star Quilt Co. One in particular caught my eye as being perfect for a Christmas quilt: The Lattice Quilt.
 
Inspired I sent for 4 charm packs of Fabric Freedoms Art Noveau Collection Christmas. I looked at a few different charm packs but liked this one best as it is a little bit more grown up and artistic. It has some gold in it and at this very early stage I have the idea of having a gold binding to the quilt but I'll make that decision one it's made up.
 
 
 
I'm going to wait until the fabric arrives to make the final decision about what colour to do the lattices. Again in my mind I have the idea for a lovely, Christmassy red but want to see all the squares first. Once I decide on that I can buy threads at the same time. Hopefully once all that arrives my Bird Quilt will be done and I won't be working on 3 quilts at the same time.
 
To do:
1. look at fabrics in charm pack to decide on colour of lattice fabric
2. buy matching thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment